Sunday, August 16, 2009

Buzzcocks - Reconciliation CD Single (2006) & gig review from 8/14/09

Here's a nice Buzzcocks CD single & a review from Punk Friction of last Friday night's BUZZCOCKS' gig at the Hippo in Plymouth!

http://punkfriction.blogspot.com/2009/08/buzzcocks-reconciliation-cd-single-2006.html

PUNK FRICTION
(THIS BLOG IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY. ALL MUSIC POSTED IS 128 OR 160 BITRATE ONLY. IF ANY ARTIST OBJECTS TO ANY OF MUSIC POSTED, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO INFORM ME VIA THE COMMENTS AND I WILL REMOVE IT. VISTORS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT.AND ONE LAST THING, SUPPORT THE ARTISTS WHO MAKE THESE GREAT TUNES BY BUYING THEIR MUSIC. CHEERS)
SUNDAY, 16 AUGUST 2009

Buzzcocks - Reconciliation CD Single (2006)

This is one I downloaded off soulseek a while back.

A quick review of Fridays gig. I expected it to be good but it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best gigs I've seen in many years. They kicked off with Boredom and the crowd were in a frenzy. Songs I remember off the top of my sweating head included What Do I Get,Whatever Happened To,Oh Shit,I Don't Mind,Autonmony,Love You Love,Noise Annoys,Harmony In My Head,Why Can't I Touch It,Promises,Fast Cars,Sick City Sometimes,Why Shes The Girl From The Chainstore and many many more. Encore was Orgasm Addict and Ever Fallen In Love.

What really stood out was how much the band seemed to enjoy this small venue. Diggle was especially loving it. We were for sure. I can't really stress enough how f****** brilliant this gig was. Fifteen quid.......bargain of the centuary! The added bonus for me was despite the excess beer,I made the train for the football and saw my boys "stuff" Hull City 2 1 (Don't be fooled by the scoreline and the injury time winner.......it was a slaughter....honest!)

PS I was yapping to some Scots geezer before the gig and again afterwards. His Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranious Snuff Rock T shirt getting my attention. It turns out he was Jock Strap,singer with The Straps. A pissed up dual vocal version of "Brixton" followed later at the bar. Its a small world we live in!

Tracks
1) Reconciliation
2) See Through You
3) Holding Me Down

POSTED BY LONGY AT 11:04

(Click on Punk Friction's original blogposting for DL)

No comments:

Post a Comment