Friday, November 6, 2009

Can't Help My Feelings (I Also Can't Help Wetting My Bed, But I Don't Write Songs About It)

This morning I got my latest installment from:
USELESS INFORMATION (The Move Mailing List Digest-Issue #715-November 5, 2009)
Here's some good stuff from today's list. If you are a fan of Roy Wood & The Move, I suggest you consider signing up at:

http://www.eskimo.com/~noanswer/movelist.html


The Dutch 7" of Rattlesnake Roll (unlike the UK or German singles) has a subtitle on the B-side.
The full song title on the Dutch single is...
I'm not joking...
Can't Help My Feelings (I Also Can't Help Wetting My Bed, But I Don't Write Songs About It)
Bob Coulter
Bobcaygeon, Ont



From: Rob Caiger...
"Can't Help My Feelings (I Also Can't Help Wetting My Bed, But I Don't Write Songs About It)"
This was a working title written by Roy on the original session tape reel from 26 February 1975. Along with 'Are Your Rattlesnakes Ready To Rock?' and lots of other titles, some incredibly filthy and rude, some less so... 'Eddie Cockpit (Hey Mama, There's A Dead Rat In The Fridge)', 'Rhino Yoghurt', 'Human Debris', 'Screamin' Tony And The Dead Bees', etc...

From: "Martin Kinch"...
Thanks for that reminder Bob,
I thought some of you may want to see the label of this single

http://www.cherryblossomclinic.freeserve.co.uk/feelings.jpg



Also an interesting sleeve - seperate pics of Roy and the other Wizzard guys (possiblly a picture taken for the unreleased album they did without Roy ?) Rick has an Eldorado T shirt on !!

http://www.cherryblossomclinic.freeserve.co.uk/feelingssleeve.jpg



From: Rob Caiger...
This is from a series of photos taken by Robert Ellis at De Lane Lea Studios, Wembley during August 1975 for sessions for Mongrel's 'Bathe Your Feet' album, basically, Wizzard without Roy.


Plus here's a nice video mash Martin did for Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6it9zWyLc0


Can't help my feelings / Saxmaniacs - Wizzard - Roy Wood

"Can't help my feelings" was the B side to "Rattlesnake roll" by Wizzard and was sung and written by Bob Brady.
"Saxmaniacs" was the B side to Roy Wood's "(We're) on the road again" single and was also a track on the Wizzard 'Main Street' album - Which was an album that was originally recorded in 1976 but not released untill 2000 - This track features The Midland Horns (Roy Wood - Mike Burney and Nick Pentelow)

Released as two seperate tracks, this is a mix of how they sound joined together - the audio that I edited has been added separately over the top of the video

No comments:

Post a Comment