Monday, August 16, 2010

Korla Pandit - Photo Collection

http://artworkbymanicmark.blogspot.com/2010/08/korla-pandit-photo-collection....

ARTWORK BY MANIC MARK

HOWDY FOLKS! I STARTED THIS BLOG TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS AND TREASURES. I'M AN ARTIST AND I COLLECT UNUSUAL ART. THE MAJORITY OF MY POSTS FEATURE RARE OR HARD TO FIND LPS WITH A FOCUS ON PRIVATE PRESS, STRANGE MUSIC AND ATOMIC OR SPACE AGE POP. MANY ALBUMS SUCH AS THE ONES I FEATURE HERE WOULD BE LONG FORGOTTEN IF IT WASN'T FOR LIKE-MINDED FOLKS WHO FIND AND SHARE THEM. IF THERE ARE COPYRIGHT ISSUES THAT I'M NOT AWARE OF, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL REMOVE THE OFFENDING ITEM.

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2010

Korla Pandit - Photo Collection

I was pleased to acquire this group of Korla Pandit images from a seller who had purchased 
The top image is an 8 x 10 matt finish original press photo stamped on the back: Photos By Robert H. Churchill. This photo intrigues me as because of the setting. Pandit is surrounded by items that he may have owed. Note the gas lighting fixtures. If I were to guess, I would say that this photo was probably taken inside of Pandit's living space.

The second photo is an autographed Polaroid photograph.

The third image is also a Polaroid of Pandit caught in a more private moment. I believe, when comparing other Pandit hand writing samples I have on hand, that Pandit has written on the back of the photo: "Mar. 26 - 2: AM Santa Rosa, (Initials?).

The fourth image is an 2 x 3 original photo also stamped on the back: Photos By Robert H. Churchill.

(via Dante Fontana)

Posted via email from ttexed's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment