Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I'M A BAD, BAD GIRL" Seven Dozen Dusky Divas 1939-1953

http://twilightzone-rideyourpony.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-bad-bad-girl-seven-dozen-dusky-divas.html

JUST FOR YOUR LISTENING PLEASURE

FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2011

"I'M A BAD, BAD GIRL" Seven Dozen Dusky Divas 1939-1953, Vol. 1

Great collection of R&B from a wide variety of talented women ranging from the well known to the very obscure! A history lesson in R&B.trax:
1. Drive, Daddy, Drive - Little Sylvia 2. Too Tight Mama - Mabel Smith 3. I'm In My Sins This Morning - Myra Taylor 4. Fluffy's Debut - Fluffy Hunter 5. I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues - Billie Holiday 6. Waiting To Be Loved By You - Lula Reed 7. He's My Daddy - Wini Brown 8. Worry, Worry, Worry - Rosetta Perry 9. Pay Day Blues - Cathy Cooper 10. I Would If I Could - Ruth Brown 11. Every Time - Lil Green 12. Jump And Shout - Erline Harris 13. Sittin' Here Drinking - Christine Kittrell 14. Beer Bottle Boogie - Marylin Scott 15. Palmer's Boogie - Gladys Palmer 16. Come On Daddy (Let's Go Play Tonight) - Pearl Traylor 17. Race Horse - Tiny Davis 18. It's Been A Long Time - Mildred Jones 19. Let Me Keep You Warm - Flo Garvin 20. Rock Me Daddy - Laurie Tate 21. Black Man's Blues - Helen Andrews 22. Papa Tree Top Blues - Little Miss Cornshucks 23. Monday Morning Blues - Lil Greenwood w/The Four Jacks 24. Oop-De-Doo - Helen Foster 25. Roll 'em - Mitzi Mars 26. They Call Me Big Mama - Big Mama Thornton 27. Yes! I Know - Linda Hayes 28. Cannon Ball - Nora Lee King
...served by Gyro1966...
(see comments at link above for help)


SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2011

"I'M A BAD, BAD GIRL" Seven Dozen Dusky Divas 1939-1953, Vol. 2

Great collection of R&B from a wide variety of talented women ranging from the well known to the very obscure! A history lesson in R&B.trax:
1. Stop Talkin' And Start Walkin' - Annie Laurie 2. Baby I'm Doing It - Annisteen Allen 3. Body Rocking Daddy - Joyce Jackson 4. I Want A Lavender Cadillac - Bea Baker 5. Just Give Me A Man - Mabel Scott 6. 3 X 7 = 21 - Jewel King 7. He's Gone - Dorothy Ellis 8. This Joint's Too Hip For Me - Bett Hall Jones 9. I'm Gonna Play The Honky Tonks - Marie Adams 10. Streetwalkin' Daddy - Alma Mondy 11. Edna's Blues - Edna McGriff 12. Goin' For The Okey-Doke - Marion Abernathy 13. Come On And Get It, Honey - Nellie Lutcher 14. Allotment Blues - Willie Lee Patton 15. Six Foot Papa (Whole Lotta Woman) - Violet Hall 16. Young Women's Advice - Sister Rock-A-Way 17. Messin' Around With The Blues - Alberta Adams 18. Please Send Me Someone To Love - Dinah Washington 19. I Ain't Gettin' Any Younger - Martha Davis 20. Rock Daniel - Sister Rosetta Tharpe 21. Little Red Rooster - Margie Day 22. Til My Baby Comes Back - Ella Johnson 23. I Need A Man - Thelma Cooper 24. House Of Blue Lights - Ella Mae Morse 25. I Got Your Boogie - Sarah "Fatwoman" Dean 26. Brooks' Boogie - Hadda Brooks 27. Good Man - Kitty Stevenson 28. Rockin' And Jumpin' - Honey Brown
...served by Gyro1966...
(see comments at link above for help)

http://twilightzone-rideyourpony.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-bad-bad-girl-seven-dozen-dusky-divas_16.html

SUNDAY, JANUARY 16, 2011

"I'M A BAD, BAD GIRL" Seven Dozen Dusky Divas 1939-1953, Vol. 3

Great collection of R&B from a wide variety of talented women ranging from the well known to the very obscure! A history lesson in R&B.trax:
1. I'm A Bad, Bad Girl - Little Esther 2. I Ain't In The Mood - Helen Humes 3. Happy Home Blues - Baby Davis 4. You Ain't Nothin' Daddy - Etta Jones 5. A Letter In The Blues - Varetta Dillard 6. King Size Papa - Julia Lee 7. Bedroom Blues - Sippie Wallace 8. Nightshift Blues - Zilla Mays 9. He May Be Your Man - Miss Rhapsody 10. Where's The Money, Honey - Chubby Newsome 11. Shake A Hand - Faye Adams 12. Lovin' Man Blues - Lillie Mae & The House Rockers 13. Easy Baby - Little Miss Sharecropper 14. Hard Working Woman - Connie Allen 15. Why Don't You Tell Me So - Iona Wade 16. Just Want Your Love - Big Maybelle 17. Kissin' Boogie - Beverley Wright 18. Don't You Feel My Leg - Blu Lu Barker 19. Around The Clock - Numa Lee Davis 20. I Want To Know - Vivian Verson 21. Money Blues - Camille Howard 22. The Three Men In My Life - Eleanor Franklin 23. Pretty Papa Blues - Paula Watson 24. You Made Me Love You - Rosetta Howard 25. Please Don't Touch My Bowl - Gladys Hill 26. Hey Little Boy - Albinia Jones 27. Bettye Jean's Blues - Bettye Jean Washington 28. Bowlegged Boogie - Vivian Greene
...served by Gyro1966...
(see comments at link above to get help)

No comments:

Post a Comment